Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Landscaping 101...

Over Memorial Day weekend of last year, we finally decided to spruce up our front yard. I will tell you that I am not the kind of girl who likes to become one with the dirt and grass and bugs and all that. (And, now you know why I don't have a garden LOL)

Anyway... something needed to be done with the eyesore in my front yard. My husband did most of the work and I mainly supervised, planned the area in question and shopped for the items! (those are very important jobs)

This is what the area we landscaped looked like when we first purchased our home a few years ago:

(Click on picture for full size image)



And THIS is what it looked like after we finished:

(Click on picture for full size image)




Nice improvement, huh?

We did add some landscaping lights along the backside of the pavers, as well as another Hosta plant in the front (left).

I couldn't be more thrilled with the results!

No comments: