Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Big 4-0

Yesterday was my birthday. I hit another milestone in my life... the Big 40!! *yikes* I can't believe that I can even type those two numbers together, let alone say that number out loud!!

I had a hard time when I reached my 30th birthday... (Wow, I was just a baby back then! LOL) and I can't believe I'm actually as old as my mother was at one time... that just blows my mind. (would I be considered an "elder" in social settings now? You know, as I child how you were told to "respect your elders"... I think I may be that elder now!)

I saw a commercial yesterday for a life insurance company for people aged 50-75 and I thought to myself: "Wow, in 10 years, I'll be eligible"... how sad is that! LOL

Anyway, I did have a nice birthday. My husband decorated the kitchen cabinets with balloons, so that was the first thing I saw when I came into the kitchen yesterday morning... It was a very nice surprise!!



We had cake after dinner last night



I think I'll go look for wrinkles on my face again... LOL

No comments: