Saturday, February 9, 2008

The mis-adventures of my purse...

My husband and I went to do a little food shopping earlier today and we stopped at two different stores…

First store: This store was PACKED today and my husband and I were standing up near the registers waiting to get in line. We’re standing in front of an end-cap of batteries. I start to move forward so we can get in line and my husband notices one of my drawstrings on my purse is caught around one of the display hooks for the batteries. He yells for me to stop, so he can unhook me and his timing was impeccable because had I moved even just a smidgen more forward, that entire display probably would have toppled down!!

Second store: The last aisle in this store is a wider aisle and the clearance items are in the middle of that aisle. So, I’m looking at some of the clearance items and my husband is on the opposite side of the clearance items facing me. A man pushing his cart starts to pass by me (my back would be to him, my purse over my right shoulder).


Somehow the draw-strings on my purse get caught on his cart (underneath the area where you push the cart). My husband is in mid-sentence, when all of a sudden, I start moving away from him. I wasn’t exactly sure what was happening, but then I noticed the draw-strings of my purse caught on this man’s grocery cart.

My husband and I are calmly saying "Excuse me" "Sir" "Sir" to this older man... as he is now starting to drag me down the aisle with him! Thank goodness he heard us and stopped...and I was freed!! The man continues down the aisle and my husband and I just crack up with laughter thinking about what had just happened... in two different stores! (I think the shoppers thought we were nuts!) How embarrassing!

Oh, did I mention my mishap with the hand lotion last week at Walgreens? I was looking at one of the new Vaseline Intensive Care lotions and wanted to smell the scent. So, I flipped open the top and gave the bottle a very gentle squeeze (you know, to release the scent)… The next thing I know...lotion squirts straight up and into my hair... (My husband is pretending not to know me at this point)... Oh yes, I’m fun to shop with!!

No comments: