Monday, February 11, 2008

Sunday Shopper...

Well, I didn’t let the cold temperatures yesterday keep me inside, as cabin fever is starting to set in, so we braved the cold and my husband and I went shopping (like I ever really need an excuse to go shopping??)

We bundled up to face the biting wind and headed out… First stop was Home Depot to pick up some air filters for the furnace and to “window shop”. (I love Home Depot/any home improvement store almost as much as I love office supply stores and bookstores – Whenever my husband says, “Let’s go to Home Depot”… I’m ready and waiting in the car)

Next, we stopped at the local pet store to pick up some goodies for the doggies because we can’t forget them in our shopping excursion!

Then we went to the new Michaels that opened up in a neighboring town (so now we have two in the area). Because yesterday was their “Grand Opening”, they had some drawings and give-aways in the store.

One of which was a Spin & Win Wheel.

My husband spun and… we won… a Creative Versa-Tool from Walnut Hollow – how cool is that?!!



And, I was also able to pick up a picture frame that was on sale to frame a limited print I’ve had for a year and a half and finally get that up on the wall (Look for separate entry about this picture)

Our next stop was the grocery store and we got a free Sunday paper (I love free things!!).

We stopped at a local taco place for lunch before heading to the bookstore where, of course and as usual, I couldn’t walk out of that place with no less than 3 books!!

Then back home to give the dogs their goodies, frame and hang the picture, eat dinner and crash for the rest of the day… and warm up!

And, you’ll be happy to know (at least I was) that my purse was very well-behaved… no attaching itself to store display hooks or a stranger’s shopping cart!

No comments: