Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mirror, Mirror on the wall...

We've lived in this house for almost 2 years and I'm so happy that little by little everything is finally coming together.

This is the new mirror we purchased and next to it is one of my most favorite pictures... it's a signed, limited print by a local artist and was a Christmas 2006 gift from my husband. The picture was just hung up a few weeks ago (prior to the mirror) because I finally found a frame for it... not the frame I really want, but a frame nonetheless.

When I find "the frame" for that picture, I'll re-frame it, but for now I'm just so thrilled that's it up on the wall!!

I can't remember if I mentioned it or not, but my living room is decorated in a southwest theme and when you first walk into my house from the door, you enter into the living room. The wall in this picture would be the first wall that you would see when you entered my home and the stairs to the basement are right below that (you can just make out some wood railing in the bottom left of the picture).

I have to say... the mirror and picture really brighten up that area and pull the living room together... (Please ignore THAT light fixture!! *gasp* We haven't found one that we liked yet to replace it with)

Now, if you entered my home from the garage entrance you would be in the family room and if you turned to your left, you would see the stairs leading to the basement and yourself in that mirror...

So, see... the little things in life like buying a mirror or hanging a picture excite me... Maybe over the weekend, I'll take some pics around the house and give you the grand tour!

2 comments:

KathyLikesPink said...

I like both your mirror and the picture, and the frames they are in totally compliment each other. I also like your wall color.

We are in an OLD house in New England that for years has been my husband's part time project to renovate. But after 15 years I am tired of waiting and I now have a carpenter coming in to finish things up! I can hardly wait until I can reach the new paint stage!!!

Kathleen said...

Hi Kathy... Thanks for visiting and for the compliments on the mirror/picture and paint! :) We're getting there! LOL

Living in an old house must be amazing... I hope you'll post some pics in your blog after your renovation!