Friday, March 21, 2008

They shouldn't let me out in public...

My husband says that going out with me is an adventure... and today's "outing" was no different.

Just another day in the life of me.. and all my "isms."

First, we met with our new insurance agent and as we're sitting in his office, HIS phone rings. Well, he just happens to have the same ringer/ring tone (whatever they are called) as my business line... so, what does yours truly do... I get up out of the chair I'm sitting in, because I want to answer the phone. It took me a moment or two to "get my bearings" and realize that it was not MY phone ringing. I am sure our new agent thinks I am a total nutcase!!

Next, we went to Red Lobster for a late lunch/early dinner. I love Red Lobster! We're eating our salads when the waitress comes over with our meal, so I went to move my salad bowl... Somehow my fork jumped out of my hand, hit the knife that was on the edge of the bowl and they both tumble to the table... To cover up my embarrassment of apparently not being able to hold a fork, I laugh and said "See, I was just so excited that my shrimp was here!"

At least I could laugh and the waitress laughed as well (although she was probably laughing at me... not with me!)

After that (like those two aren't enough for one day), we go to Target. I'm trying to find a DVD and I'm looking all over the DVD section and can't find it (I'm thinking they have sold out).

I see a young guy who worked there and told him that I can't find this DVD and asked for his help. Without saying a word, he takes 2 steps backwards into the main aisle, and moves his arm up and away from his body (just like "Barker's Beauties" on the Price is Right... err, I guess they are called "Drew's Beauties" now?) and points to the end cap. The ENTIRE end cap is filled with the DVD I'm looking for.

Then, we head to the supermarket and we're looking at all of the different brands/flavors of ice cream, as we're trying to decide which one to get. Nothing was catching my eye, so I say to my hsuband, who is several feet away from me...

"How about Burt & Ernies?"

My husband starts cracking up...

Another shopper is chuckling and I'm clueless...

My husband, through laughter, says, it's "Ben & Jerry's"...

Oh... (hanging head in shame)

And the cherry on top of that ice cream sundae happened when we were walking back to the car, from the supermarket, and I comment to my husband to "be careful" (because of the slushy snowy mess Mother Nature dumped on us earlier in the day) and what happens next (you know where this is going)...

I start slipping and sliding and almost bring the both of us down. Thank goodness, I caught my balance and neither one of us fell...

What an afternoon... I blame it on the snow!!

No comments: