Sunday, March 2, 2008

An Almost Spring Day....

Today's high is supposed to be 47!!! Woooooo Hoooooo... I'm doing the happy dance in my jammies! Although there are still snow piles around, today's temperatures should help to shrink them. We broke one of the records in our area for the most snow during the winter season, this season.... I think we are around 63" or 65" (I can't remember which and it really doesn't matter because it's still the same damn white stuff that continuously fell from the sky anyway!)

The sun is shining... the snow will melt and spring, hopefully, will be right around the corner and plans for today definitely include being outside... at some point.

Ever since I moved out here, I've heard people (my husband included) say: "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes"... meaning that the weather out here changes on a dime, so if you don't like what's going on weather-wise, hang in there because it will change very suddenly. That weather tidbit of advice has certainly held true.... Today's high: 47 -- Tomorrow's high: 33 and there's some precipitation in the form of rain and/or wet snow and temps head a little farther south into the high 20's come the end of this week...

We'll have to see what the rest of March has in store for us... it came in like a lamb, which means it will go out like a lion!

No comments: