Saturday, January 26, 2008

And the knife ran away with the spatulas...

About 6 months after moving into our new home, almost 2 years ago, I could not find my mini spatula (from Pampered Chef). I absolutely LOVED that spatula. Yeah, I know, I don’t really cook, but this spatula was a great kitchen tool.

So, we tore apart the kitchen and began the ‘great spatula search’. We looked in every drawer, in all the cabinets, in the utensil caddy, refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave and any place else we could think of, but we never found it.

Just 6 months or so ago… We lost our large spatula! How do you lose a spatula??!! Well, apparently we did. Again, we looked in every drawer, in all the cabinets, in the utensil caddy, refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave and any place else we could think of, but we never found it.

(I think there is a spatula conspiracy in this house!)

Now, today, we can't find one of our steak knives... Again, we looked in every drawer, in all the cabinets, in the utensil caddy, refrigerator, freezer, oven, microwave and any place else we could think of (During all of these “searches” I still have hopes of finding the mini spatula and I must admit that I forget what I’m actually supposed to be “searching” for and focus more on searching for the mini-spatula! :) )

We don't have any children and the dogs do not use utensils. (They’re smart dogs, but not that smart!)

I have no explanation for the missing kitchen items. Of course, it is always possible that the knife and spatulas simply ended up in the garbage... and that’s probably a very logical explanation... but I think one of us would notice throwing away a large spatula and a steak knife.

I’m baffled.

Maybe one day they will all come back home to the kitchen... and maybe they'll bring with them a whole new set of knives and cooking utensils!!!

No comments: