Thursday, January 10, 2008

From trash to treasure... and in between

As I've mentioned... I like to decorate. I also LOVE shopping at garage sales and participating in my local Freecyle... You know what they say about one man's trash being another man's treasure!

Here are some of the trash to treasure projects my husband and I worked on this past year:

This is a bench we found at a garage sale for around $10.00. The bench was in great condition, except for the covering...

Here is a picture of what the original covering looked like:



And here is our new trash to treasure bench:



We painted the legs black, added new padding and new fabric to the seat. This bench sits at the foot of our bed.


I found this trash to treasure for TWENTY-FIVE CENTS at a garage sale (left side of picture)... We removed the heart at the top and the pegs at the bottom, painted it black and it now hangs in my "modern" styled hallway:



This next trash to treasure was courtesy of Freecyle... (have I mentioned I LOVE Freecycle!!):


We tightened it up and gave a fresh coat of red and black paint... it sits outside in one of our garden areas.

Next would be the "in between" that the title of this entry refers to... This is a headboard my husband made for our bedroom. Wood, batting, foam and one of the sheets that came with the comforter set you see in the picture (I'm picky about my sheets... high thread count needed!!)

Here is just the headboard:



And, here it is in the master bedroom:


And those are a few of my trash to treasures... and in betweens.

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

aren't we lucky that there is so much of that ugly heart covered stuff out there for cheap for us to redo and make pretty? Love what you did with the shelves!!!