Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Comedy of Errors... The Shower from Hell!!


The other day, I took a shower. Now, I’ve taken many, many showers before, but you would have thought this was the first shower I had ever taken... in my life! A shower should be relaxing as the water washes away the day, so to speak... This shower was anything but that!

I start by pulling closed the shower curtain, as it was open, and one of the bamboo hooks I have that holds up the shower curtain somehow fell off and into the tub. A small piece of the hook broke off and my husband said he’d glue that back together (so, he went downstairs into the basement).

Okay, I turn on the water and get in. I notice the water temperature is just a little too warm for my liking, so I want to add more cold water. However, I apparently turn the knob the opposite direction, which added hot water! I notice that the water is very hot, but think to myself: “Well, maybe it just needs a minute for the cold water to mix in”… by now, the water is really hot! I can’t reach the faucet (opposite end of tub from where I’m standing) without burning myself, so I have to hop out of the shower to get to the faucet...

As I’m hopping out, I bang my leg on the tub and knock over the shampoo bottle...

I adjust the water and hop back in… (and pick up the shampoo bottle and rub my leg)

I shampoo my hair and manage to get shampoo in my eye (What am I... 3 years old? I could not tell you the last time I got shampoo in my eye!!)... So now I have to rinse out my eye, then finish shampooing and rinse out the shampoo... Then I apply the conditioner and while that’s “soaking in”, I grab my poofy thingy. (I know there's a name for it, but I call it a poofy thingy)

I reach for my body wash and the BOTTLE IS EMPTY!!!! (Yes, I’m the only one who uses it, so that’s my fault)

I yell for my husband (thinking he can grab a new bottle from underneath the cabinet), but I remember that he’s probably still downstairs fixing the shower hook... So, I hop out of the shower again to grab the new bottle of body wash...

I hop back in, lather up... all is going well! *big thumbs up*

Now it's time to shave... I use disposable razors and put a new one in the shower just the other day... Well, I didn’t remember to take the little plastic cap off the razor, so now I’m trying my hardest (with wet hands and a sore eye) to grip this little piece of plastic to remove it from the razor...praying that I don't slice myself and bleed to death!!

Meanwhile, I yell for my husband again, thinking he might be back upstairs... I’m still fiddling with the plastic piece and finally it comes off and hits me in the face...

That's when I burst into laughter thinking about how horrible and frightening this shower has been, all the while hoping and praying I make it out alive! (Can you imagine the headlines!)

You'll be happy to know that I survived the shower from hell... And, by miracle of all miracles, I did not cut myself shaving!!

However, I will admit, I was a very hesitant the next day when stepping into the shower again, but all went well.

I'm wondering if a bath might be safer for me... Rubber ducky, you're the one....

Nah...

No comments: