Monday, January 14, 2008

I love football...

Those are three words that I never thought would ever come out of my mouth... Ever!!

A few weeks before Christmas, my sister and her boyfriend invited myself and my husband to join them for a weekend in Green Bay, WI to attend a Packers game... Before that, I had never, ever, been to a football game.

I fell in love with football right there and then...on that cold December day at Lambeau Field... with at least 72,000 people in attendance and millions more watching at home.


Years ago, I used to watch football... root for some teams, gather with friends on Sunday to watch the games, host Super Bowl parties, etc... but I never really got it. I never got the excitement or intensity other people felt.

I have become such a fan of the sport itself, in such a short amount of time, and now I GET IT!!

I now know what I've been missing all of these years. I've watched the last few games of the season and all of the Playoff games to date... I don't even care who's playing... I don't care where they are playing... as long as they are playing and it's on my tv!

Now, of course, since the Packers were my first, that's the team I have been cheering for and that's who I will continue to cheer for all the way to the Super Bowl and beyond.

Just like you never forget your first love, the Packers now have a very special place in my heart (and have gained a new fan!)

*Go Pack Go*

No comments: